After reflecting on what was a pretty amazing year, I'm ready to focus on what's to come! I noticed that I didn't make a list of goals for 2015, so I thought I'd first revisit my 2014 list and then see where I'm at in 2016.
Here's the list of things I wanted to achieve in 2014. I'd say I'm pretty much on track!
- Go on a cross-Canada tour! - I did in May 2014 and it was amazing! ✔
- Play at least one big (or small!!!) festival - Two years later, I've played at the Ottawa Bluesfest twice and CityFolk and Grassroots once! ✔
- Create a weekly podcast - And I did!! I hosted my own show on CKCU 93.1FM from Sept. 2014 to Sept. 2015. ✔
- Get more work published - hmmm still working on this one!
- Go on a trip with Dave - We did! We went out West in May 2014, Jamaica in the summer of 2014, Maine this past June and Kenya in August! Plus a bunch of mini road-trips here and there! ✔
- Release a second album in French - still working.....
- Play at the NAC or Shenkman Arts Centre - I did! Twice! ✔
- Make $$$ - Getting there... 2015 was actually my most lucrative year musically and my contracts have been picking up so all in all it's going good! ✔
- Release a French EP and English album.
- Go to Nashville to co-write.
- Be an incredible role-model and mother to Ava and a pretty great girlfriend to Dave.
- Take a family trip to another continent.
- Make more money from music.
- Make more money as a trainer/consultant.
- Get nominated for my music.
- Write a book.
- Involve myself with a humanitarian organisation or work with other artists to create social change.
- Play on the CP Holiday Train.